Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Quick and Crunchy Peach Cobbler

Quick and Crunchy Peach Cobbler
My mother made this recipe when I was growing up. We would have it every few months. I’m not sure where she found this, but it’s super simple and really delicious. So 40 years later I’m still making this a few times a year as my husband loves it. So with Father’s Day this past Sunday I decided it was time to bring it out again just for him.
A few things of note before you get to the recipe:
· Best results come from using a metal bowl;
· Put the butter/margarine in the bowl and place in the oven while it pre-heats to melt;
· After you have measured the reserved peach juice, make sure to drain the peaches completely;
· This recipe contains no eggs so even if you add too much juice and it doesn’t completely firm up, it is still good and I’ve never gotten sick on the few times I’ve eaten it juicy.
Quick and Crunchy Peach Cobbler
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbls. Baking powder
2/3 cup peach juice from the canned peaches
1 large can peaches, drained except for the 2/3 cup juice above
1 stick margarine
1. Place margarine into metal bowl and place in 400° oven to melt.
2. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
3. Add 2/3 cup of juice and mix well.
4. Remove bowl from oven. Pour batter on top of the margarine.
5. Pour peaches into the middle of the batter. Do no stir, the batter will rise up around the peaches.
6. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes.
This is great served warm with ice cream.
 
Melted Butter with Batter on Top
Batter on Butter

Peaches Added to the Mix – Do Not Stir
Peaches added

1 comment:

  1. I love this too. I had forgotten about it. I think I'll make it for David soon.

    ReplyDelete