Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Already

Sweet Potato CasseroleWith Thanksgiving hitting on the earliest day of November it possibly can (the 4th Thursday in November with a November 1st Thursday starting off the month) I’d like to tell you that I am already thinking about what to fix.  Although in my family it’s pretty much the standard menu of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green been casserole, pumpkin pie and anything else we decide to fix in.  We’re hosting some family this year and it will be the first year without our son who will not be coming in from his job in Washington State.
So while perusing recipes online, I did come across this set of unusual recipes from Cooking Channel that I thought I might share: http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/thanksgiving-side-dish-recipes/pictures/index.html.  Some of the mashed potato recipes look yummy.  And some sweet potato recipes look good, but I may have to stick with my favorite on this and just cook the yams with brown sugar, butter, and melted marshmallows on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment