Thursday, April 4, 2013

If Only This Dress Came in Orca Whale Black

So I heard about this uproar about color naming of a dress on the Target.com website this week.  Read about it here - http://www.today.com/style/target-apologizes-manatee-label-plus-size-dress-1C9215043.  Below are both dresses, but notice the plus-size dress color selection is Manatee Gray and caused the issue.  I personally find the dress butt ugly, but hey, what a bargain.  If you don’t mind buying something called Manatee Gray you can save 2.99 off the “regular size” version.  I’m thinking someone in their art department that set up this website selection might be in a little trouble.  And now the item has been removed from their website.  I am a plus-size individual, so I guess if I want to find something like this in my size I’m now going to go to the tent and awning store to find something so flowing and gray.
 
For those of you who have no idea what a manatee is I will provide you with information from National Geographic for Kids at http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/animals/creaturefeature/west-indian-manatee/ where I found these lovely facts:
Manatees are sometimes called sea cows.
West Indian manatees in the wild live about 60 to 70 years.
Manatees push food toward their mouths with whiskers on their upper lips.   And they look like this:    
Oh, please Target, bring it back so we mustachioed sea cows can finally have a dress to wear.













No comments:

Post a Comment